Sunday, January 23, 2011

Destro - Rise of Cobra with Classic Colors

I bought quite a few ROC Destro figures when they hit clearance as I've found it to be incredibly useful for various customs.
I wondered what it would look like in a color scheme more like Destro's appearance in the cartoon and his early figures, and did a basic repaint to find out. I was quite pleased with the results, and after I shared my results online I had chrome versions of his movie and 25th style heads generously donated to complete the look.
This figure fills a gap on the spectrum between his classic look and his uber-military Resolute design... a more realistic style that's neither completely civilian nor entirely warlike.

Parts Recipe:
ROC Destro - Repaint
James McCullen XXIV - Main Head
DVD Battles Destro - Alternate Head

No comments:

Post a Comment