Monday, January 17, 2011

My new essential tool - the Razor Saw

It's amazing how a simple discovery of a very basic tool can make tasks so much simpler. Recently over at JoeCustoms.com user Nova suggested someone pick up an X-Acto Razor Saw for their custom vehicle work. Now I've only dabbled in vehicles so far, but I was extremely frustrated when it came to cutting the hard, brittle plastic. I love my Dremel, but the cut off wheel just can't get a very clean cut through plastic for me. So I picked up a Razor Saw last week and have been playing with it and love the results. It has its limits, but the cut is so clean and smooth, making working on vehicles so much easier. Between that and the air brush I received for Christmas, I hope to tackle some serious vehicle projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment