Thursday, January 13, 2011

Songs in the Key of Z: A Zombie Musical - I Don't Like Zombies

Okay, so it's not toy related but it does fulfill the "I made this" and "zombies!" criteria. This had been swirling around in my head for years, and when Bedrock City Comics held a contest for Weird Al tickets for the best parody submitted, I decided it was time to strike. It's based on the Boomtown Rats' "I Don't Like Mondays", and from start to finish it took about three days to hammer out the lyrics, have my brother John come over to record the singing through a gaming headset, try to layer and match up the karaoke version with the vocals John did with the original, and photoshop together the lyrics in the style of some famous zombie movie posters. I won the tickets which turned out to be 5th row, had an amazing time, ran into friends, and we all stayed after to wait in line and meet Al. Click through on the video for a bigger version to better appreciate the posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment