Saturday, February 26, 2011

"I'm out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur!"

I was out of town with the wife for a week in Dallas while she attended a SQL Server class, so I was away from posting for a bit but had some pretty great news! 

For one, my figure Torment received the Staff Choice award in the JoeCustoms.com Original Character Custom Contest. There was some AMAZING competition, and it might sound cliché but I really do think every entry was a winner. I'm honored to have been "hand picked" by the judges, and have to give a big thanks to my friend Bill for his help in spicing up the biography. 

And if THAT weren't enough excitement for me, the JCA (JoeCustoms.com Awards) results were announced. I won Best Cobra Custom for my Cobra Commander, Best Original Character for the L4D custom I made of my father-in-law Melvin, 2nd Place for Best Overall Customizer for Figures, and Most Improved Customizer. Thank you so much for the nominations and votes, I'm incredibly proud to be part of the JoeCustoms.com community and it really is nothing short of honor to be recognized by my fellow artists! 

I've got at least one, possibly two sets of figures planned to submit to the next Custom Con, so I need to get cracking on those... and I've got to get my work room setup to finish up the star fighters for Martin's movie and start learning how to use my new airbrush.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Dan!! Quite the achievement and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete