Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Odion - Sith Lord

Here's another recent commission of a Star Wars comic character who's new to me, Odion. While I still don't know too much about that character, I'm a big fan on his character design and love the way he came out.

I used two techniques here that were new for me. Normally, I prefer plastic capes for my collection, but my client requested a cloth cape. Luckily, I save all the soft-goods (the industry term for cloth accessories) that come with Star Wars figures so I had some on hand to work with. I looked at the way the Imperial Knight figures have their capes attached under a piece of armor and borrowed that idea for Odion's cape. I also used a transparent red paint of silver to obtain the metallic crimson effect for the armor, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

This is one of my new favorite Star Wars customs, and I'm really happy with how he looks.
Parts Recipe:
Drax the Destroyer - Head
Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko - Armor (heavily modified), Boots, Gauntlets
Savage Opress - Torso, Shoulder Armor
Darth Vader - Arms, Legs, Waist
Hit and Run - Belt Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment